Friday, October 30, 2009

Being Productive

I had yet another interview with Centrelink last week. Par, for the course, just ensuring nothing had changed, I hadn't had a lottery win I forgot to tell them about etc. Of course, in my less than chipper frame of mind, I heard their questions as "So, how long have you been an unproductive member of society" "How long do you plan to remain a drain on those of us who actually manage to pull it together and work?'. I'm pretty sure they're not the words that came out of her mouth, but once it went through my inner translator, that's how it came out.

And with the heightened levels of anxiety I've been experiencing lately, I've been wondering whether maybe I just have too much time to sit around and worry. What to do..what to do?

Sometimes I feel between the psychologist, the psychiatrist, the case manager, the neurologist and the GP etc I feel like my whole life is appointments.

Well, for what its worth, I put my resume in to volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House. And I got an email back today saying they were very impressed with my resume and want to meet next week. Which I guess is a boost to my ego. So why am I so terrified!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment