Friday, July 2, 2010

Where is the sun?

I live in a state referred to (mostly by the tourism industry) as the 'Sunshine State'. So why is it so freaking cold? Now I know, that you my friends in the Northern Hemisphere have to deal with much colder weather than I can dream of. I read your blogs about the snowstorms at the beginning of the year with much pity (and a little jealousy, as despite the fact I hate the cold, I've never seen snow, and I think it would be cool....to see, not to live in) But I live in Australia, Goddammit! The Sunburnt Country! So why have you forsaken me, oh glorious sun? I sit here dressed in my fleecy tracksuit and bed socks, covered with a blanket and my feet practically resting on the heater. And still.... I am shaking pathetically, my fingers icy and blue from the cold. Ugh! All the more annoying, due to the fact my range of appropriate winter clothes is somewhat limited, as I am two dress sizes bigger than last winter (thanks anti-psychotics) and can't afford a new wardrobe. I've picked up a few pieces to get me by this week. This tracksuit for at home, some new jeans, a fleecy vest, leggings etc and of course now that I am the same size as little sis, we have a bit of a communal wardrobe going on so I am stealing all her warm stuff. But, I wake up and think, darn it, I've got nothing warm enough and nice enough to wear out, I might just stay home, or if I do go out, I'm not feeling very comfortable with what I am wearing. It's disrupting my happy mojo!! I finally have the motivation and the right mood to leave the house and it is too bloody cold! The good news is I have cut down my nicotine intake. I don't smoke in the house and its too cold to be arsed going outside. My doona is more addictive than the cigarettes!

So tonight, I am going to snuggle under my blankie and watch TV.
Happy Weekend Blogosphere!
Peace and Love
Ophelia

4 comments:

  1. It's a bit too hot for me here ... I'm sending some of the warmth your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, London is baking in the heat - do you want to swap? I miss the cold and rain.. I'm not designed for this!

    :)

    Happy Weekend to you too!

    WG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I hate the cold too. Good idea to snuggle under a blanket-- that's the best part about winter.

    And to tell you the truth, it's not very warm where I'm living either (and I live in the US), so you're not missing much.

    Wishing you well,
    NOS

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's freakin' hot here in the midwestern United States! I go outside as little as possible and constantly run my a/c even thought it's going to run up a huge electric bill. I'm jealous that it's cold. I can't wait for it to be colder in a few months.

    ReplyDelete